Save the Dates – Public Consultations on the Future of Ireland’s Electricity Grid.
Irish Rural Link – the national network representing the interest of rural communities on behalf of Eirgrid are hosting a series of free public consultations on the Future of Ireland’s Electricity Grid in the:
Gresham Metropole Hotel, Cork on the 8th May 2015 at 11.00am- 3.30pm;
Radisson Blu Hotel, Sligo Town on the 12th May 2015 at 11.00am- 3.30pm;
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Dundalk on the 15th May 2015 at 2.00pm -5.30pm;
EirGrid recently launched a discussion paper on the future of the electricity grid in Ireland: ‘Your Grid, Your Views, Your Tomorrow’. This is essentially the latest review of the Grid 25 Strategy. Feedback is now being welcomed from the public and stakeholders on this draft strategy.
The draft strategy responds to feedback received from the public, as a key part of a renewed effort to encourage greater participation in the decision-making process. It also reflects an updated view of the economic context and available transmission technologies.
The final strategy, to be published later this year, will support Ireland’s wider policy objectives; economic, environmental and social – including the Government’s Action Plan for Jobs and the IDA’s Regional Development Strategy.
As part of the process, EirGrid are holding a number regional forums to obtain the views of communities and representative groups across the country.
For further information on the events contact your local Grid Link Project Information Centre located as follows:
– Midleton Unit 5 Market Green Shopping Centre, Midleton, Co. Cork Every Monday From 12 noon to 6pm
– Kilcullen Market Square, Kilcullen, Co. Kildare Every Monday From 12 noon to 6pm
– Carrick-on-Suir Carrick Community Business Centre at the Nano Nagle Centre, Carrick-on-Suir, Co. Tipperary Every Tuesday From 12 noon to 6pm
– New Ross The Coach House, Marsh Lane, New Ross, Co. Wexford Every Wednesday From 12 noon to 6pm
– Carlow Enterprise House, O’Brien Road, Carlow, Co. Carlow Every Thursday From 12 noon to 6pm
Note: Information centres are closed on bank holidays